Master program “Offshore Drilling” in English Language
INDUSTRIAL UNIVERSITY OF TYUMEN
Industrial University of Tyumen (Russia) realizes master course “Offshore Drilling” in English Language. Course is aimed at developing professional skills and work experience in progressive and innovative area of petroleum engineering – offshore drilling.
Through a combination of theory and practice we will teach you about offshore drilling technology and offshore well-casing. The course develops high levels of professional competence in the key areas of well construction on the Arctic shelf and well construction design in the shelf area.
Why offshore drilling?
The future of oil & gas sector belongs to it!
The recoverable reserves of the Russian shelf make up 20% of the world’s oil and gas reserves. The bulk of them is the Arctic shelf. Its development is comparable to the conquest of space or the atomic revolution.
By 2020 the shelf of Russia will see the implementation of 100 projects for exploration and production drilling. The number of mobile drilling platforms will grow from 15 to 30. Gazprom, Rosneft, Lukoil and Gazprom Neft are among the main stakeholders.
This explains the sharply increasing demand in highly-skilled specialists in constructing wells at the offshore hydraulic structures.
What will you learn?
- To plan the research, design and operational activities
- To conduct analytical experiments while performing these activities
- To solve a wide range of professional tasks related to the wells design and construction in the shelf area
- To manage the oil & gas production
- Well Construction Design in the Shelf Area
- Well Casing in the Shelf Area
- Well Construction on the Arctic Shelf
- Offshore Drilling Technology
- Control of the Offshore Well Drilling Process and Simulator Training
- Well Construction in Frozen Rocks
- Leading scientists and experts in the oil & gas sector
- International scientists and experts teaching in English
- Computer simulators allowing to control the well construction process
- Industrial placements
Leading Russian and foreign oil & gas companies: PAO “Gazprom”, OOO “Gazprom flot”, PAO “Rosneft”, PAO “Lukoil”, PAO “Gazprom Neft”, AO “Zarubezhneft”, BP, Shell, etc.
Start date: 1.09.
Application available: from 15.05. till 30.07.
Division for International Students Recruitment,